Monday, June 27, 2011

Introduction





I am a 17 year old aspiring artist & cartoonist. I have been practicing the art of cartooning ever since I can remember. When I was a very little kid, naturally I loved watching cartoons. I guess it started when I was about 4-5 years old and absolutely love cartoons, I then decided I want to make them one day. I have also had a love for drawing in general. Given these two aspects, I have persued nd practiced the art of cartooning ever since that day.
Influences/Inspiration
My influences are generally from old school cartoons. There is nothing better. I love the style, the cartooniness of it all, and it is just plain funny. Therefore a lot of my influences come from cartoons ranging from the 1930s-1970s.
Above is one of my favorite dvd box sets which includes cartoons such as Popeye, betty Boop, Casper, The Three stooges, Woody Woodpecker, Little Lulu, and many more.
Random Drawings
To complete the introduction, I think a quick sample of some of my work would be appropriate. So here are some random things I've done.
some doodles
some more cartoon doodles
Let's end with some realism. A charcoal drawing I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment